This is one of my all-time favorite quick meals – you can literally walk in the door and have a wonderful hot and healthy meal on the table in less that ten minutes!
And, Trader Joe’s would be happy – all of the ingredients come from there: Fire Roasted Vegetables in Balsamic Butter Sauce (frozen), Organic Brown Rice (frozen), and Just Chicken (fresh chicken pieces).
Add a splash of Chardonnay (a current favorite is the Olivet Lane Estate Russian River Valley Chardonnay from Pellegrini) and you’ve got a delightful, fresh, and very tasty stir-fry. Serves 2-3.
- Heat a stir-fry pan over high heat with the olive oil for about a minute.
- Add the vegetables to the pan along with the water. Set a 5 minute timer.
- Periodically stir the vegetables to assure even heating.
- Cut the chicken into chunks.
- When 3 minutes are remaining on the timer, place the rice packet in the microwave and cook on high for 3 minutes.
- Also at the 3 minutes remaining point, add the chicken to the stir-fry pan along with a splash of Chardonnay.
- The rice and the stir-fry will be done at the same time. Serve the rice onto plates or bowls. Spoon the stir-fry over the rice, season. It couldn’t be simpler! Yum!
(Added: March 12, 2006 – Menlo Park, California)