This recipe was inspired by a Warm Potato Salad recipe in the June 2001 issue of Gourmet magazine.
- 2 1/2 lb small (1 1/2- to 2-inch) Yukon
Gold potatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 whole dill pickle, chopped
- Cover potatoes with salted cold water by 1 inch in a saucepan, then simmer until just tender, about 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are simmering, whisk together mayonnaise, oil, vinegar,
garlic, chives, and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and cool 5 minutes. Add to dressing along with
celery, tomatoes, and pickle. Toss and season with salt and pepper.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Note: this recipe is good even if the celery and/or tomatoes aren’t
Added: July 29, 2001
Update: See also this recipe from Elise Bauer with the additional “secret ingredient” of a bit of pickle juice! The additional tartness from the pickle juice is very nice!