The fish monger at our local Sunday morning farmers market has been carrying fresh ahi tuna. We always enjoy fresh tuna for a delightful light Sunday supper that’s quick and easy to prepare. We’ve been enjoying the tuna with a simple wasabi vinaigrette dressing. Be sure you buy only the freshest high-quality tuna as this recipe only lightly pan-sears it.
Preparation is fast and easy – prepare the vinaigrette, dip the tuna into it and then quickly pan-sear it.
A quick and easy recipe for pan-searing fresh ahi tuna flavored with a wasabi-based vinaigrette.
- 1 Ahi Tuna Steak (we prefer 0.8 lbs for two people – make sure the tuna is very fresh and of highest quality!)
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt Wasabi Vinaigrette:
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Wasabi Paste
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- In a small bowl large enough to hold the tuna, prepare the wasabi vinaigrette and coat the tuna with it. Liberally season the tuna with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Heat a small sauce pan on high and then add the tuna.
- Quickly sear the tuna for 2 mins – then flip and sear for 2 mins on the other side.
- Remove from pan and immediately slice thinly. Serve quickly with additional soy sauce and wasabi in a small dish. Use your chopsticks!