The August/September 2006 issue of Fine Cooking has an article on roasted potato salads – with recipes for making the salad three ways.
Here’s my modification – based upon what we had around the house yesterday! This is a great, quick recipe for a potato side dish – without the mess of the mayonnaise-based potato salads. Roasting adds a great potato flavor to the dish (vs. the boiled/peeled potato approach).
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash and quarter the potatoes. Mix in a large bowl with 3 Tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper.
- Spread the potatoes into a single layer on a low-sided baking tray. Cook in over for 20 minutes – check doneness with fork.
- Slice the tomatoes, chop the basil and parsley and throw in the bowl used for the potatoes. Combine the minced garlic into the bowl.
- If using the bell peppers, slice and combine them into the bowl as well.
- When the potatoes have cooled a bit (10-15 mins), mix them into the bowl.
- Add the remaining olive oil and red wine vinegar to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
(Added: August 13, 2006 – Menlo Park, California)